Apple MacBook Pro 16 2019 (MVVL2LL/A)
- Ninth-generation 6-Core Intel Core i7 Processor
- Stunning 16-inch Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300M Graphics with GDDR6 memory
- Ultrafast SSD
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
|Price history for 2019 Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, 2.6GHz Intel Core i7) - Silver|
From the moment it hit the shelves, the MacBook Pro 16-inch 2019 became a smash hit. The Pro lineup was in desperate need of an update. Over the last few years, Apple has only provided incremental updates and refreshes to its most popular MacBook Pro model. We are going to discuss its 2019 model.
Design & Display
It isn’t very evident at first glance that this 16-inch model differs from its 15-inch predecessor. Although the 16-inch display for this new MacBook Pro is larger than the 15-inch version, its size does not change significantly. However, the weight has increased from 1.83kg to 2.0kg, which is much more noticeable.
In addition to increasing the resolution to 3,072 x 1,920, Apple ensures the image quality remains high. It produces a vibrant and sharp display that looks beautifully crisp. This screen is a factory-calibrated OLED screen. In addition, the keyboard has been modified, now featuring Scissor switches instead of Butterfly switches as in previous models. Furthermore, the scissor switches allow for a decent amount of travel when pressed on the keyboard of the 16-inch MacBook Pro while still retaining its sleek design.
Performance and memory
Apple has released the 16-inch MacBook Pro as one of its most powerful models. Even though it is a rather expensive laptop, you cannot find another one quite like it with an 8-core Intel processor, 64GB RAM, and 8TB SSD. It is powered by an Intel Core i9 processor, which runs at 2.3GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, and AMD Radeon Pro 5500M graphics cards. The MacBook Pro is still an impressive device that many people will buy for video editing purposes.
However, others find that it’s over-specced for their needs. The 16-inch MacBook Pro runs well when it comes to our benchmark tests. Apps load quickly under macOS Catalina. As well as the new speakers, the built-in ones are excellent. MacBook Pro phones come with six speakers. Each speaker employs Force Feedback. By doing so, the MacBook Pro is able to produce bass sounds without any unwanted distortion from vibrations.
In comparison to Windows laptops, the MacBook always has long battery life. Apple has managed to make its batteries last longer than ever before. Battery life is supposed to be about an hour longer than in the 15-inch model. Our testing lasted 11 hours and 41 minutes while looping a 1080p video at 50% screen brightness.
In the same test, the MacBook Pro 15-inch scored 7 hours and 36 minutes. It’s possible to get through a single workday without a charger with the 15-inch model, but the 16-inch is outstanding.
If the 16-inch MacBook Pro had a standard-sized USB port as well as a memory card reader, as an example, it would have been a much better device for professionals. Unfortunately, to connect these devices to a MacBook Pro, you must buy an adapter.’
It can give Apple’s MacBook Air and iPhone 11 a pass for sacrificing features and ports to look as thin and slick as possible, but it feels wrong for a device marketed to prosumers like the MacBook Pro 16-inch.
- 16.0-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology
- Faster 2666MHz 16GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB SSD storage with the twin-fan cooling system
- 3072×1920 native resolution at 226 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- The six-speaker sound system with dual force-canceling woofers to reduce vibration and studio-quality three mic array microphone.
- 2.6GHz 6-core 9th generation Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz, with 12MB shared L3 cache
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory and automatic graphics switching, Intel UHD Graphics 630
- 4 Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
- Wi-Fi, 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 100 Wh lithium polymer battery tends to offer up to 10 hours of long-lasting battery life
- In the Box: 16-inch MacBook Pro, 96W USB-C Power Adapter, USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
- Dedicated GPU with 4GB Video RAM
- Outstanding Performance
- Additional Touchbar for Productivity
- Adequately Loud Sound Output
- Robust Body Construction
- Long-Lasting Battery
- Very Comfortable Keyboard & Touchpad
- Expensive Price
- Premium Charges for Upgradability
- No Micro SD Reader
Specification: Apple MacBook Pro 16 2019 (MVVL2LL/A)
|Processor & GPU|
|Storage & RAM|
|Battery & Audio|
|Connectivity & Utility|