TweakBox is undoubtedly the number one app installer in the world, offering access to more than 2000 apps, games, and tweaks. If you are wondering how to use it to get your apps and games, read on and we’ll tell you everything you need to know.
How to Install TweakBox:
Follow the steps below carefully:
- Go to the official TweakBox app page and tap one of the download links above; a new page loads, tap Allow
- Tap Install on the next page, giving the profile the permission to download
- Wait for your Profiles page in Settings to open and tap Install
- Type your passcode in and Safari browser will open
- Tap Install>Install and Settings launches once more
- Tap Install>Next>Done on each page and wait
- When the install has finished, Tweak Box app icon is on your home page
Video: Watch a walkthrough of these steps
How to Use TweakBox:
This is also very easy to do:
- Tap the app icon to open TweakBox
- Tap Apps and then choose your category
- Find the app you want, tap it and tap Install
- Wait; your chosen app will be installed.
TweakBox is stable and reliable but there are some common issues that may arise. These are the two most common ones, both easy to fix:
White or Blank Screen:
This is easy to fix:
- Open Settings>Safari
- Tap on Clear Website Data
Try TweakBox and the screen will be normal again.
If your iPhone won’t turn on, you can check how to fix here.
Untrusted Profile Error:
Another common issue, this arises with unofficial content and is fixed like this:
- Open Settings>General>Profiles
- Tap the right profile in the list
- Tap Trust
- Try TweakBox again, it will work.
Is TweakBox Safe?
TweakBox is 100% safe to use and there are three very good reasons why:
- The developers took some time to complete this app installer because they tested it at every single stage. It was also checked by beta testers before going live and further checks ensure that it has no malware and cannot damage your device or your data. To keep it this way, regular updates are issued
- TweakBox does not work the same way that Cydia did; it doesn’t need to access the iOS root to work which means it doesn’t break the security that Apple has in place. Of course, this means it won’t offer quite the same as Cydia does but if security is the most important factor, TweakBox does the job. And none of the tweaks in the installer require root access either
- Last, your security is the priority for the developers as is their reputation – keeping you safe is their aim.
If you find you need to remove TweakBox form your iPhone, you can do it in two ways:
Method 1: Settings App
- Open Settings>General
- Tap on Profiles
- Tap the TweakBox profile from the list
- Tap Remove Profile
- Close Settings and the app will be removed
Method 2: App Icon
- Find the app icon on the home screen and long-press it
- When all the icons start wiggling, tap the cross in the top corner of the icon
- Tap on Delete and the app is removed
If Tweak Box isn’t for you, doesn’t work properly or doesn’t offer what you want, have a look at these other alternatives:
Panda Helper offers an excellent alternative:
It is available for free or you can opt to pay for a VIP version; it all depends on the quality you want.
Another great alternative, Emus4U offers a massive range of tweaked and modified apps and games, along with popular tweaks like the games emulators:
It is updated regularly with new content and you’ll find a great choice, including apps like Spotify++ and MovieBox.
Tweak Box isn’t just a great installer; it is simple to use and you can download pretty much anything you want for free.
Follow us on Facebook for more great tips.